Monday, February 12, 2007

There is no place like home.

It started with the earth quaking beneath my paws. Then my log cabin was ripped from it's very foundation like the tornado scene from the "Wizard of Oz". My tube was next to go. It was my place of comfort and now it was gone. My water bottle and food dish were next. Where would I get my sustenance? My hay ball and sticks, gone. What was left? No, not my cozy. I ran as fast as I could to it, perhaps my weight could hold it down, but it was too late - she took it. I was left with nothing. Why was this happening to me? Was I bad? Was God punishing me for my sins?

Her large hands swooped down from the sky, snatching me up to the heavens. Where was I going? What about my home? Next thing I knew, I was in a confined dark space. I called it "The Hole". An old blanket, dirty cozy and my cunning skills were all I had to keep me alive. I heard a rustling in what used to be my home. What was going on, I thought to myself, but I had to put it out of my mind for now.

Survival was the order of the day and thinking about the past was not going to help. I looked around "The Hole", was there anything that could help me escape? I was pretty good with a bo-staff and had serious nun-chuck skills, but those items were nowhere to be found. It was just be me against "The Hole" and it looked like the odds were stacked in "The Hole's" favor. Perhaps if I were to squeak someone would rescue me. I chewed on the inside walls and found they tasted like cardboard, blah, not what a refined pig finds tasty. I would have given anything for a carrot. The chances of me getting out of that pickle became slim and none and none just left town.

"Think pig, think". What had happened to me. I was going about my regular Sunday business when this had happened. "That's it" I said. "It is Sunday and my house was in need of a cleaning. I had been quite messy and there was a pungent odor wafting in the air. It was the cleaning lady I called Jennifer. She had swooped me up.

After what felt like an eternity, I was again airborne, zooming towards my palatial home. Soon I would be back, living the life of Riley. As my paws hit solid ground once again I take a quick run around the box. Let's see. Log Cabin? Check. Tube? Check. Sticks, food and water? Check, check and check. It all seems here. I then took a long chug of water and used the little piggies room. I went to the center of my world and said, "There is no place like home".

No comments: